G.2 LT – Parallelogram Suspension Seatpost
€Ab 199.95 € – €Ab 219.95 €
MSRP from 209,95€
· Fine response behaviour, high riding comfort
· IGUS polymer high-performance plain bearings
· Easy change of spring element and saddle
· Spring elements in 5 degrees of hardness, selectable according to the rider’s weight and easily replaceable
· Loadable up to 150 kg rider weight
· Saddle clamp with fine adjustment and robust locking and defined adjustment range with stop
· For saddle rails with Ø 7mm, optional for Ø 8mm available
This parallelogram suspension seat post represents the best by,schulz-quality. This is shown by the 3D forged aluminium construction for maximum stability even with heavy riders. Another example is the spring mechanism, which runs on polymer high-performance plain bearings, which guarantee a fine responding suspension and top riding comfort. To give (e)-city and touring riders maximum riding pleasure on bumpy dirt roads or rough gravel intermezzi, the built-in steel spring is available in 5 different spring hardnesses to match the rider’s weight. As a result of its progressive character, the G.2 LT uses its 50 mm spring travel even during heavy shocks with perfect control. The G.2 LT parallelogram suspension seatpost allows easy saddle and spring changes; the rider’s weight spectrum ranges from 45 to 150 kg.
- Material : Aluminium AL-6061-T6, AL-6066-T6, 3D forged
- Colour : Black anodized
- Installation height : Approx. 130mm
- Spring element : Length approx. 102mm
- Spring travel : Approx. 50mm
- Offset : Approx. 19,5mm
- Tube : ø 26.6 – 34.9mm
- Lengths : 350 – 670mm / shortenable
- Weight : From approx. 750g
- Scope of delivery : G.2 seat post incl. neoprene protective cover and instruction manual
- Driver’s weight approval : Please note the reduced rider weight approval of 130kg for smaller diameters (e.g. 26,6×380).
- Stopring Option : For the 34,9x480mm version, there is an option for a pull-out stop ring. This only works in combination with the by,schulz reducing sleeve and the by,schulz clamp.
The parallelogram suspension seat post is designed to give you the highest level of riding comfort in the city as well as in rough terrain. The suspension is progressive, which means that the system responds softly to light impacts and increases spring resistance to hard impacts.
During compression, the G.2 LT parallelogram suspension seat post travels up to approx. 33.5mm to the rear and approx. 40.5mm to the bottom.
Due to the use of a heavy-duty flat wire steel spring as well as technical elastomers in the spring eye and on the inside of the arms, even hard impacts (e.g. when riding through deep potholes) do not cause the suspension to block. In addition, the rear deflection is damped by the hemispherical elastomers in the head and base sections. For optimum adjustment of the G.2 LT to the rider’s weight and riding style, easily exchangeable spring elements with different spring hardnesses and dampers are available.
· Make sure that the inner diameter of the bicycle’s seat tube and the outer diameter of the G.2 ST or G.2 LT seat post have the same size.
· Differences in dimensions can lead to clamping failure as well as accidents and property damage or personal injury.
· A reducing sleeve can be used to adapt the diameter of the seat post to the seat tube dimensions. To adapt the seat post tube, we recommend the dedicated by,schulz double-slotted aluminum reducing sleeve with 120mm height. The following diameters are available:
· When using a reduction bushing from another manufacturer, it should be made of aluminium and have a minimum length of 90 mm. Make sure that the reducing sleeve is always completely inserted into the seat tube.
· Check that the width of the saddle rail is compatible with the head of the post. It must not be less than 35mm on the inside (Fig. 8.1). There are some core leather saddles that are too narrow in the front part of the frame and therefore cannot be combined with the post. Such use is not possible and can permanently damage saddle and post.
· Always use the right saddle clamp for the corresponding saddle rail. As standard, saddle clamps for a saddle rail with Ø 7mm are installed. If necessary, saddle clamps with Ø 8mm can be used. Never combine Ø 8mm clamps with a Ø 7mm saddle rail or vice versa. Note: Saddles with oval saddle rails must not be used.
You can find the right torque spanner at our official webshop.